Tuesday, March 3, 2009

eating up the scum is the hardest thing for me to do

hi guys
well i have become full blown awful sick again and i've needed to lay down (especially after i finish today's ton of errands), a rarity in rebeccaland! that being said, the shop update comes tomorrow, i promise. paintings and commissions are to be put on hold for a day or two. i need to sleep and take medicine so i stop relapsing. it's really frustrating to lay down when so much stuff needs to be done, but oh well. my only consolations are moomin coming in the mail,

MOOMIN. YES.
also i will have tea with honey, also i will read coraline in bed.
before i go do dreaded errands and conk out, here's one of the drawings i did for an upcoming show in honolulu:

in which i am punished for forgetting lent and transformed into a grumpy lumpy of ginger.
i love drawing. i still can't help myself and need to use paint, but it's just so fun.
hope you're all well!

love, rebecca

7 comments:

  1. P.S. I am abstaining from alcohol for lent. Wish me luck. I hope you start feeling better soon. I will come over and rub vix on yr chest. I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award :]
    xoxo
    Sprinkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOOMIN!!!!!
    Got volumes 1 and 2 for Christmas...oh amazingness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Moomin while I was sick too. Definitely comforting with a cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this book during my trip and have even made some photos of illustrations,so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better! I love moomin anything... the other day at the fubon market I found some moomin crackers!!! I had to get them :o) Your drawing is magical. I love the fairy ring of toadstools.
    xo,
    Linnea

    ReplyDelete