Friday, January 15, 2010

i raise my flag up into your heart


one of the best music videos and prettiest songs! it's one of those very special songs that always makes me feel better no matter how badly things are going or how rotten i feel. everyone should sing along to it right now so we can all actually be singing together!
my show is tomorrow and i always feel skiddish before an opening. i kind of started showing my work in galleries on accident (it was discovered on a train to south central, los angeles and i was working as a truck unloader at the time), and have been doing it as a meager income since i was about 19. i do not feel like a real art person (and nor am i really), but more like a really awkward girl who draws her made up stories. it's scary to know i have an audience (no matter how small) besides myself, friends and the various feral animals that have wandered in and out of my rooms. whether it lasts forever or ends today, it frightens and humbles me and has helped me make my life into some kind of wonderful.
anyway, thank you small group of very kind people i have rooting for me (especially you julianna and graham, the loves of my life and best roommates ever and sharers of endless piles of pizza/life/bloody marys), thank you <3
also

i feel like this photo i took lately.
love, rebecca

8 comments:

  1. Mmm, endless pile of pizza.

    Good luck at the show today. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your show! Your work is fantastic :) I'm always excited to see new pictures and stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone recently put that song on a mix for me! it's wonderful!

    and good luck with your show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my! thankyou so much for posting that video clip. I've been having a bad day and that really did make me feel better!
    I hope all went well with your opening, all the best for the exhibition.
    You seem a very creative inspirational individual...that is what I call a real art person

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter and I went to your show last night. Congratulations on a great turn out! She has one of your lockets and wears it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would sing along, but the thing is I don't really know the words...I hope your show went well though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your show! Your work is fantastic :) I'm always excited to see new pictures and stories

    Tubal Reversal | Tubal Reversal Surgery

    ReplyDelete